Brought to you by the good feeling of freshly trimmed fingernails, and an unusually early wake-up time...
I think I might have to gank hughcasey's "I've got it under control..." LJ icon. It is _so_ appropriate to how I feel right now.
Anyways, just wanted to come up for air for a brief moment before throwing myself in the shower (yes, ravynmaniac, the floor does thank me!), and then diving back into the insanity that is the pre-Balticon crunch. All things considered, we're in a better place than we were this time last year. pafischer and mazinger_z have taken a load off of me with the New Media track, tth has taken a load off of me by helping Hal9000 with the gaming room and once again ponying up MSD resources for panels, we've got folks in position to handle the Pocket Program and web site updates (thus off-loading ravynmaniac and I), kcs_slayve has been helping me with getting information in a form that can actually passed along to others, squire_liz has stepped in to handle the fan tables and Artist Alley in addition to coordinating parties, storm1969's most excellent wife saved our asses by picking up the film festival and running with it, and the hotel liaison we brought in to pinch hit has vindicated my decision in spite of various fannish politics. I am sure I am forgettin someone, but no matter what, I am extremely grateful for all of the effort.
Coffe break's over - back on yer heads!
I have a confirmed Guest of Honor for Balticon 42, for which I am the chair. I'm still working on convincing my choice for Art Guest of Honor to commit, while my first choice for Music Guest of Honor was not able to accept. At least I am 1 for 3 right now, instead of 0 for 3.
Now I just need a hotel...
- First, let me just say that I am bummed. Choice #1 for music guest of honor for Balticon 42 is a "no go". Now I actually have to do some thinking.
- On the positive side, kcs_slayve has been helping me with some program-related stuff. I'm an idiot for not passing the stuff along earlier, but I am thankful for the assistance in spite of my last minute half-assedness.
- I celebrated Earth Day today by recycling. kenalepha needed furniture after losing most (all?) of hers in a fire just a week ago, and we had furniture that needed to find another home. A win-win situation, and the landfill was spared.
- The other Earth Day activity was buying more bird feed accoutrement - specifically a hummingbird feeder and nectar, and a thistle feeder and seed. I get to be entertained, and they get to nosh. Again, win-win.
- I have pretty much decided that I will, after six years of growing it to its current length, be cutting my hair. This will not be a trim... suffice it to say that Locks of Love will be receiving a donation. It has been more and more of a hassle to maintain, and I keep it pulled back most of the time anyway. With summer fast approaching, I think that short hair is my best option, and after six years a change is due. Don't say you weren't warned.
- I've been actively avoiding working on anything all weekend. But I will be clearing out my office here shortly so I can set up the desk I bought months ago to make more efficient use of the space. And I must work on Balticon, for it looms in the near distance like an angry god slowly awakening. Why do I do this again?
Ok... coffee break's over... back on yer heads!
Tomorrow (later today?), I need to address the disaster that is my home office, and some laundry early in the day. ravynmaniac and I will be heading into Bawlmer for a cruise with some friends in the evening, so I expect to be pretty darn useless in the evening. Yes, moreso than usual, bite me Frodo. And on that note, I think I shall go crash. ravynmaniac has stuff she wants to do tomorrow too, and I don't want to mess her up either. So g'nite....