I know I haven't exactly been forthcoming with detals about my move from Fredneck to Bawlmer, including the simple detail that I have moved to Bawlmer. So in concise bullet form I give you details of a sort:
- In May 2009, ravynmaniac bought me out of my share of the house had shared in Fredneck since 1993.
- With the help of a fraternity brother who happens to be realtor in the Bawlmer area, I located a house that met my space needs and location requirements within my desired price range towards the end of June 2009.
- I took possession of my new digs the weekend before Independence Day, and thus began the long saga of procrastination and other committments that were ingredients in a recipe for panic in late July and onward.
- The first official move was on my birthday, July 25, 2009. Most of the furniture came over on that day, and is a tale into an of itself.
- Since then I have been transporting my not insubstantial amount of possessions from Fredneck to Bawlmer, one Prius load at a time. Tonight's load arrived at the new digs around 2:30 AM. What? Don't look at me in that tone of voice.
- Friday ravynmaniac moves back in to the "ex-house" as my Twitter-mate @CobwebsStir would call it. Hers is a tale of painting, packing and panic.
So where am I in Bawlmer? On S. Potomac Street between Baltimore and Lombard. Highlandtown, hon. Near Canton, but most definitely Highlandtown. About four or five blocks from the BSFS building. About 20 minutes from work (where I am spending way too much time) and 20 minutes from the meditation center (where I am spending way too little time), in one of those "borderline" neighborhoods. If you've lived in Bawlmer, you knoiw what I mean by that,
I haven't had much time to settle in, but observations are popping in my head from time to time, soi you will likly see more posts. Until then, youse have a good one, k hon?